Trick or treat! I taste something good to drink! These layered Candy Corn Shots look really cool and are easy to make with cake vodka, pineapple juice, whip cream, and candy corn. They are perfect for your next Halloween, Thanksgiving, or fall football party. Heck this Sunday you might be combining the fun into a Halloween Football Party. I’ve got a great costume idea and the perfect shot! Zombie quarterback Ryan “Fitzmagic” back from the dead and his touchdown shot will sure to impress! I love this recipe because not only do they taste yummy, and make you look like an awesome home bartender, but they can be mostly made ahead so you have more time to party at your own party! Cheers!
Candy Corn Shot
These layered Candy Corn Shots look really cool and are easy to make with cake vodka, candy corn, pineapple juice, and whip cream.
- Prep Time: 3 hours to overnight
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours to overnight
- Yield: About 10 Shots 1x
- Category: Shots
- Method: Home Bartender
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- 1/2 cup Candy Corn
- 1 1/2 cups Pinnacle Cake Vodka
- About 1 ounce Pineapple Juice per shot
- 1 Can of Whip Cream
Candy Corn Infused Vodka
- Start by combining the candy corn and cake vodka in a mason jar to make the candy corn infused vodka. Let vodka infuse for a minimum of 3 hours or up to overnight. You’ll be shocked at how bright neon orange the vodka turns!
- Strain the vodka into another mason jar.
Candy Corn Shot
- For the first layer pour the candy corn vodka into a third of each shot glass. I think this shot looks best in a tall and skinny shot glass.
- The second layer consists of pineapple juice. Use a bar/cocktail spoon to pour the pineapple juice very slowly over the back of the spoon. This step must be done especially slow so the candy corn vodka and pineapple juice don’t mix. If you use the tall skinny shot glasses, I suggest doing this step in a sink to keep the mess to a minimum.
- For the last layer add whip cream.
- For a fun twist, chase this drink with a candy corn. Kind of like when you take a tequila shot and chase it with a lime. Place one piece of candy corn next to each shot.
If you move these shots very carefully you can make them before your party. Just do steps one and two where you pour the candy corn vodka and layer the pineapple juice on top in a shot glass. Place a piece of candy corn by each shot as a “chaser.” They can be set aside for several hours. When your party guests are ready for shots you can just top with whip cream and let the fun begin!
If you are making for a larger party or several rounds of shots you can always double or triple the amount of candy corn and cake vodka you infuse to make the candy corn vodka. As a side note, the candy corn infused vodka is ok to consume by itself. It’s just really, really sweet tasting vodka, but it’s far and away so much better when you make the whole candy corn shot. This is how I recommend the shot. If you want to take the whole presentation next level over the top you can put dry ice in the bottom of the container. Both the taste and presentation will really get you in the Halloween spirit!
Keywords: Shots, Halloween Shots, Candy Corn Shots, Fall Shots, Touchdown Shots, Fall Cocktails